Get the Go-Ahead to Attend the Show With Our Handy Resources.
Three days at the show will empower you (and your company) for months to come by exposing you to the people, processes, and technologies needed to move your projects past the finish line. You already know this show is a must for making valuable connections and staying current in your field — now it's time to convince your boss.
Tips to Make It Happen
When crafting your plan, think about the bottom line: Why should the company budget for your trip and what's the return on the investment?
- Determine the value – Lay out the specifics on how your attendance will impact current projects, inspire knowledge, and eliminate obstacles.
- Be solutions-driven – What issues pop up again and again? List exhibitors who could provide the solutions your team needs.
- Provide a post-show rundown – Offer to deliver a short presentation or write-up on your key takeaways.
- Plan for your absence – Whether it’s working ahead or tapping a colleague to help out, explain how your missed time is covered.
- Make it cost-effective – This event is free, but you can still offer to share a hotel room with colleagues or carpool to cut costs.
The reasons to attend the largest annual advanced manufacturing event are many, but here are three important points to make as you convince your boss:
- 1,900+ companies: Source from suppliers across five verticals and segments — medtech, plastics, design, automation, and packaging.
- Expert-led sessions: There's no shortage of free education at the expo. And for those looking for more, the conference will dive deep into medtech, 3D printing, and smart manufacturing.
- Make connections, fast: From world-renowned manufacturers to up-and-coming startups, meet today's top talent when you mingle with 20,000 engineers and executives.
Sample Letter to Management
Download our sample letter to use as a starting point while conveying the importance of the event to your boss. Simply tweak the message to sound like you and add a greeting and signature.